Faculty Mentoring Faculty Program
The Faculty Mentoring Faculty Program provides UC Davis faculty an opportunity to mentor and to learn from other faculty interested in innovative teaching and instructional technology. Participants will learn about tools such as SmartSite, the new suite of web-based course management tools that will improve upon and eventually replace the current tools faculty use to instruct and communicate with their students. The mentoring program’s success will depend upon participants sharing their discoveries and expertise with fellow faculty and with the program manager, and building formal and informal networks of faculty who seek effective and innovative ways to meet their teaching goals.
The Faculty Mentoring Faculty Program will guide faculty through the technical and pedagogical opportunities offered by the many tools offered by SmartSite. The Faculty Mentoring Faculty Program will also serve as a conduit of information and ideas about teaching and instructional technology between UC Davis faculty, The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL), and Academic Technology Services (Mediaworks).
Incentives to Participating Faculty
- One-on-one tutorials and consultations with Faculty Mentoring Faculty Program staff
- SmartSite Technical support from Academic Technology Services (Mediaworks) managers and programmers
Responsibilities of Participating Faculty
- Attending relevant demonstrations (preferably with a colleague!)
- Meeting with new program participants to discuss teaching with technology
- Meeting with Academic Technology Services (Mediaworks) representatives to ask and answer questions about new applications and procedures
- Helping to arrange departmental demonstrations and identify other potential users.
Faculty interested in becoming mentors should contact The Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.